Couldn't Reload Quake III Arena/baseq3/PAK0.pk3
Started by myleg123
Chomenor Rep. 0
#81   18 Dec 2017
I wasn't able to immediately reproduce the problem - when I filled all the slots with bots in the skirmish menu, they all loaded. However, I probably don't have nearly as many bots installed as you do. Even though it's unlikely, one thing to try is to set sv_pure to 0 before starting the match.
myleg123 Rep. 90
#82   18 Dec 2017
When I load the game, the console says I have 304 bots parsed. I have pure server unchecked in the server menu and set sv_pure to 0. Neither of them worked.
Chomenor Rep. 0
#83   18 Dec 2017
I'm a bit short on ideas on this one. I haven't even been able to find a "failed to connect" message string searching the source code for both Q3 and UI Enhanced. Are you sure that was the exact message?
myleg123 Rep. 90
#84   18 Dec 2017
i.gyazo.com/143937...0a8eac60bba.jpg The error is 15 lines down from the top. Don't worry about the list of bots that were added, as those exclamation marks are supposed to be there. They are bots with modified AI. I also tried with different combinations of bots, I still get this error.
Chomenor Rep. 0
#85   18 Dec 2017
Have you considered using a cfg script containing addbot commands to handle adding bots, instead of using the UIE menu? If you could reproduce the problem in that configuration it would be a lot easier to debug.
myleg123 Rep. 90
#86   19 Dec 2017
I'm confused on how to format a script (where to put the commands, double spacing, icons, basically everything) and the forums I found online didn't help much. But, when I added the bots 1 by 1 through the in-game menu, they worked fine. I didn't state this at first, but this only happens when I add the bots from the bots menu, which is in the skirmish submenu, which is in the main menu.

Edited 3.88 hours after the original posting.

Chomenor Rep. 0
#87   19 Dec 2017
The script just contains commands like you would type in the console, each command on its own line. You can see the syntax for the addbot command by typing /addbot in the console while the game is running. A .cfg file to add bots might look something like this, with the numbers being the skill level. You can use the /exec <filename> command to run it.

addbot anarki 2 red
addbot angel 2 red
addbot biker 4 blue

myleg123 Rep. 90
#88   19 Dec 2017
I was not able to reproduce the problem with a script. I added the same bots and used the same map that I used in that screenshot.
myleg123 Rep. 90
#89   22 Dec 2017
I did some testing, and noticed that this only happened on the Team Deathmatch and Capture The Flag gamemodes.
Chomenor Rep. 0
#90   22 Dec 2017
If this is a UIE-specific bug, I would recommend just to use the config file method of adding bots, if that is sufficient for your purposes.
myleg123 Rep. 90
#91   22 Dec 2017
Alright. Thanks for the help!
myleg123 Rep. 90
#92   22 Dec 2017
I have yet another issue. When I make a skirmish map, I keep seeing the message "Connection Interrupted" flickering on the screen at a rapid pace. It's off and on, happening once every 5 seconds or so, and it only happens for 4-5 seconds at a time. When it does happen, I can't hear footsteps, jump height is lower, and launch pads don't send me as far as they are supposed to. For example, I am playing on q3dm17, and the launch pad that is supposed to send me to the railgun spawn instead sends me into the void, even when I don't press any buttons. Any fix?

Edited 10.77 minutes after the original posting.

Chomenor Rep. 0
#93   23 Dec 2017
What is your com_maxfps setting? Try setting to 125 if it isn't already.
myleg123 Rep. 90
#94   23 Dec 2017
Changing it to 125 fixed my problem. For some reason, it was set to 1000. Thanks!
Group 5 of 5

Only registered members can post a reply.
Already registered? Sign in.

ma_nate1
Clear